breigns

2017 Playoff Predictions.

Postby breigns » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:31 pm

Post your predictions here.

breigns

Re: 2017 Playoff Predictions.

Postby breigns » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:42 am

Wild Cards

Miami v Washington: In a one game playoff I think Miami will walk away the winner here. One has to favor them with the ability to send a pitcher like Fernandez out there. Washington does boast two of the best hitters in the league, but I am a strong believe in pitching.

Detroit v Houston: A rematch of last years ALCS. Houston will be looking for revenge here. Houston has dominated the season series this year 6-1, but I think we will see Detroit move on to the ALDS here. I think Matt Moore can shut down the potent Houston offense, and Detroit could possibly rack up some runs as well.

Division Series

San Diego V Pittsburgh: Two teams who missed the playoffs last year will match up this year. Pittsburgh is led by Strasburg and company. I think in a 5 game series anything could happen, but I think Pittsburgh boasts the overall better team and should win this series in 4 games.

Mets v Miami: Division rivals facing off here. Mets are lead by the best rotation in baseball, and go against a solid offensive club with some dynamite pitchers. I could see this series going to the wire, but ultimately I see my Mets winning in 5 games.

Detroit v Texas: I won't make this too long, Texas should easily win this series in my opinion, I think a sweep is very possible, and at most 4 games.

Yankees v White Sox: Yankees sneak in to the playoffs in a very weak division this year. The white sox have been very hot as of late and have some of the best pitching in the AL. This is another series I don't think will be very close and should be done in 3 or 4.

Championship Series

Mets V Pirates: The two best in the NL face off. Pittsburgh has arguably the best offense in the NL and backed by one of the best staffs as well. This should be a very close series which could stretch all the way to 7 games. If the Mets bats are anything but average I cannot see them winning the series. I think Pitt wins in 7 games.

Texas v White Sox: This will be a really big test for both teams. Can the White Sox staff quiet the bats of Texas? If they cannot, I don't see them winning this series. If those bats to go cold I could see a short series with the White Sox heading to the world series, similar to the Giants/Tigers world series a few years ago. I do see Texas winning this series in 6 games however.

World Series

Texas v Pittsburgh: It all comes down to this, Pittsburgh boast possibly the best Overall team in the league when you consider the hitting and pitching. However Texas is a lineup to fear, with the two RBI leaders, the home run champ, and 4 players hitting over .300. Their pitching staff has gotten majorly upgraded as well and could fare well facing an NL team. I think this series will go the distance, with Texas winning in 7.

Return to “Article Center”