Biggest Surprises/Disappointments for Your Team So Far?

This is where you post your own article about the league

Moderator: breigns

RockyRoad

Biggest Surprises/Disappointments for Your Team So Far?

Postby RockyRoad » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:48 am

Hey y'all, who have been the biggest surprises and disappointments for your teams so far?

I'd have to say the biggest surprise for my Rockies has been pitcher Chris Young, whom I claimed off waivers at the minimum salary and opened his season with 17.1 straight scoreless innings and has a 1.57 ERA in 34 innings this year.

The biggest disappointment has been Corey Dickerson, who is been cold at the plate with a .237 average and only 2 home runs so far.

Who has been getting it done (or not) for your team?

eck.nicholas

Re: Biggest Surprises/Disappointments for Your Team So Far?

Postby eck.nicholas » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:27 am

I would say my biggest surprise would be my relief pitching staff. Putting together a 2.60 ERA as a unit good for fourth best. I truly thought they would be my downfall. My biggest disappointment has been SP Clay Buchholz. I expected him to be my #2 man and his struggles this season (2-3, 6.45 ERA) have forced my hand into trading for better pitchers. Now he floats off and on from the bullpen.
Nicholas Eck
Current SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS GM
Playoff Race Collapses (2021-2022)

RangersGM

Postby RangersGM » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:08 pm

Texas biggest surprise would be Mitch Moreland batting .366 with 5 HR so far. My biggest disappointment has been how damn often my pitchers get hurt! Ha.

RockyRoad

Postby RockyRoad » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Chris Young is now up to 55 innings, 1.64 ERA this season. What the heck is happening haha! And on a minimum salary too. I know it's not sustainable but the fact is all those scoreless innings are already banked so this waiver claim has been saving my season.

Gmurff101

Postby Gmurff101 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:34 pm

At this point it is really hard to pin down one pleasant surprise. With the level of success that we've had so far, pretty clear that there have been multiple surprises. Matt Garza, Billy Butler, Josh Reddick (until he broke his hand), and even Ubaldo Jimenez have all exceeded expectations. If I had to pick one guy though, it would have to be Ryan Flaherty. The only reason he's even starting is I was unable to find a decent replacement before the season started and I just decided to give him a short leash and see what I had. Guy is one home run off the league lead, draws walks, and plays elite defense. I thought he was at best a utility and likely gonna be waived to make room for whoever I brought in to be his replacement. Instead he has been one of the best players at his position. Crazy.

RockyRoad

Postby RockyRoad » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:17 pm

Wow Flaherty has been awesome for your O's, did not see that coming!

RockyRoad

Postby RockyRoad » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:43 pm

We trade away Tulo, then go 6-0 the next week to retake 2nd place in the division. Baseball is so unpredictable!

nroyce1

Postby nroyce1 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Cubs biggest disappointment so far this year is the sub-par rookie year for addison russell maybe he needed more time in the beginning of the season in minors.

teamdanger

Postby teamdanger » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:16 am

Surprise- that we're somehow in contention at all.

Disappointment- just look at the injuries. Just... Look at them.
Atlanta Braves GM

RockyRoad

Postby RockyRoad » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:59 pm

Not surprisingly, my Rockies lead the league in home runs hit and home runs allowed. Yay?

Return to “Article Center”